Below is a copy of our current tour newsletter. To subscribe to our newsletter, absolutely free of charge, please click here.
Tour Newsletter Dated August 3, 2020
Dear Vacations To Go Customer,Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, guided tours around the world temporarily stopped operating. Last month, Collette launched its first tours since March and plans to run trips on a limited basis until normal operations can fully resume. We will let you know when other companies are also operating again.
As a first step toward a larger reopening, the European Union began accepting visitors from select non-EU countries in July. The list of approved countries, which is said to be reviewed every two weeks, includes Canada but does not yet include the United States.
In this newsletter, I'll highlight 10 of the most popular countries to visit on a guided tour based on recent bookings for 2021 departures. These are our top destinations for itineraries that focus on a single country.
Here's the list at a glance -- click any link to see itineraries and money-saving offers for 2021. Or, scroll down for top sights commonly featured on tours in each country.
United States -- Take in the geological wonders of the Southwest's national parks or the brilliant foliage of a New England fall. Photograph glaciers in Alaska and palm-fringed beaches in Hawaii. History buffs will look forward to visits to Gettysburg, Philadelphia and Boston, while those who love beautiful old homes and gardens will enjoy Savannah and Charleston. You also can take a cruise along the Mississippi River or its tributaries, or along the Columbia River.
Italy -- Enchanting landscapes, delicious cuisine and the promise of "la dolce vita" draw travelers to Italy. Most itineraries spend time in Rome, Venice and Florence, where art treasures abound (tour guests usually bypass long lines at museums and churches to see the works of Michelangelo, Da Vinci and other masters). Spend time at Tuscan vineyards, explore the cliffside towns of the Cinque Terre and examine the well-preserved ruins of Pompeii.
Ireland -- Picture-perfect scenes await on our Ireland tours: fishing villages tucked into pretty harbors, roads winding through emerald hills and waves crashing into rocky headlands. Many tours spend time in Dublin, where the city's Georgian squares and Trinity College are popular stops. Gaze at the views along the Ring of Kerry or visit a whiskey distillery and experience a bit of local culture in a neighborhood pub.
Canada -- Soak up the alpine beauty of Banff and Jasper in the Canadian Rockies; rail trips in this region are especially popular. Explore vibrant cities like beautiful Vancouver or experience the cowboy culture of Alberta. You can observe polar bears near Churchill in Manitoba in October and November or immerse yourself in the seaside settings of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
Japan -- Tour the exciting cities of Tokyo and Kyoto, ride a high-speed bullet train and explore countryside attractions like Shirakawa-go, a mountain village of thatched-roof dwellings. Itineraries can incorporate visits to temples, palaces and shrines, as well as interesting activities like a traditional tea ceremony, a calligraphy lesson or a Japanese cooking class.
Switzerland -- These vacations showcase stunning Alpine scenery, ritzy mountain resorts, famed railways and national favorites like chocolate and cheese fondue. Spend time in St. Moritz, nestled against a beautiful lake, or Zermatt, in the foothills of the Matterhorn. Tour the old quarter of Lucerne or Zurich, or Chillon Castle on Lake Geneva. You might ride the Glacier Express over hundreds of bridges or the Jungfrau Train to Europe's highest railway station.
England -- Tours of England often include stays in London, where guests see quintessential sights like Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace. Beyond the capital, ponder the mysterious stone circle of Stonehenge, explore ancient Roman ruins and Tudor Row in Chester, spend time in the scenic Lake District or visit Shakespeare's Stratford-upon-Avon.
Scotland -- Stand on the banks of Loch Lomond, immortalized in song, or Loch Ness, famed for its "monster." Ride a ferry to the remote Orkney Islands or tour Stirling Castle, where Mary, Queen of Scots was crowned as an infant. The Old Course in St. Andrews is a shrine for golfers. Some departures include tickets to the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo, a bagpipe-and-drum extravaganza that is usually held in August.
Greece -- Brush up on your ancient history at the Parthenon in Athens, in Olympia (where the first Olympic Games were held) and at Mycenae, excavated in the 19th century. The sky-high monasteries of Meteora were erected on natural sandstone pillars, some more than 1,000 feet high. Many itineraries cruise to Greek isles, like Mykonos and Santorini, where you can relax on the beaches and dine on fresh seafood.
Peru -- Machu Picchu, "The Lost City of the Incas," is a top draw on our Peru tours. It sits high in the Andes Mountains and was constructed around 1400. Learn about Andean traditions in the Sacred Valley during visits to Pisac, site of a handicrafts market, and Cuzco, the former capital of the Incan Empire. Lima offers elegant colonial architecture in its historic center. At Lake Titicaca, cruise to the floating islands of the Uros people.
Here are this week's Top 10 Tours. All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability.
1) Italian Sampler, 9 days with Globus. Begins in Rome and ends in Venice. Save 10%. Starting at $2,099. Departures from April 17 through October 2, 2021.
2) The Best of Greece, 10 days with Cosmos. Begins and ends in Athens. Save $200 per couple. Starting at $1,489. Departures from April 17 through October 16, 2021.
3) Taste of Britain, 7 days with CIE Tours. Begins in London and ends in Edinburgh. Starting at $1,969. Departures from April 16 through October 8, 2021.
4) Islands of New England, 8 days with Collette. Begins in Providence and ends in Cape Cod. Starting at $1,999. Departures from May 7 through October 15, 2021.
5) Canadian Rockies & Glacier National Park, 7 days with Collette. Begins and ends in Calgary. Starting at $2,399. Departures from June 12 through September 20, 2021.
6) Best of Switzerland, 9 days with Trafalgar. Begins and ends in Zurich. Save 10%. Plus, pay a reduced deposit of $99 per person. Starting at $2,425. Departures from April 17 through September 25, 2021.
7) Scenic Peru with Machu Picchu, 10 days with Insight. Begins in Lima and ends in Cuzco. Save 10%. Plus, pay a reduced deposit of $99 per person. Starting at $3,342. Departures from February 10, 2021 through March 9, 2022.
8) Japan Discovery, 10 days with CostSaver. Begins in Tokyo and ends in Osaka. Pay a reduced deposit of $99 per person. Starting at $3,745. Departures from March 27 through October 23, 2021.
9) Legends of the American West, 9 days with Tauck. Begins in Rapid City and ends in Jackson Hole. Starting at $4,990. Departures from May 24 through September 20, 2021.
10) Ultimate Ireland, 12 days with Luxury Gold. Begins in Belfast and ends in Shannon. Save 10%. Plus, pay a reduced deposit of $99 per person. Starting at $5,935. Departures from April 24 through October 2, 2021.
Vacations To Go